COSPLAY COMPETITION RULES
The competition will take place on stage at 3pm Saturday and 2pm Sunday on the cos.play stage, at Play Expo.
1. The competition is open to everyone attending Play Expo. All ages are welcome, but if you are under 16 your entry form must be signed by a parent or guardian. You may enter as an individual or a group.
2. Enter on the day by attending the convention and filling out a form at the cosplay desk by 2pm at the latest.
3. Purchased costumes are not allowed in the competition. You may wear a bought costume on stage but to qualify for a prize, your costume must be at least 50% made by you, or your friends or family.
4. Pyrotechnics, Sharp Objects or any form of materials considered dangerous according to Health and Safety regulations will not be allowed in the competition. In order to comply with Health and Safety rules please have all props and weapons checked at the desk before entering the competition. Also Play Expo reserves the right to refuse any material which maybe considered offensive or inappropriate for the family audience of the event.
5. The competition will be judged by a panel of experienced cosplayers and guest judges. There will be a first place and runner up prize awarded. Points will be allocated on the basis of effort, craftsmanship and accuracy. In order to improve judging on accuracy please provide a photo or link to the original character you are complying.
5. Image copyright:
Replay Events and their associates may wish to use photos or videos of the contestants for promotional purposes. By entering the cosplay competition, you agree that Replay Events may freely use your image in any promotional footage or photos taken during the event.